Author Topic: know your enemy  (Read 2108 times)

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
know your enemy
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »
I'm playing  Star Wars Rouge Leader, rouge squadron II.
I know i know, playing as the rebels, and blasting our very own Tie pilots out of the sky (btw thanks for holding still guys easier targets, just hate it when you blow up my cruisers though:P) Anways, theres the one level where you blow a star destroyer out of space, but to do that you need to kill a Third shield genorator Under the destroyer?.... I CAN"T FIND IT!!!! Help! :( I didn't even know star destroyers had a third, i think its a sneaky game play element they put in there  :x
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: know your enemy
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 08:00:08 AM »
 :shock:

I have this great and pressing need to seriously lay down some oppressive fire on you!!!  :twisted:

Now what was the question/comment/rant/rave/concern??? Oh right, destroying an ISD..... I'm sorry, Imperial turncoat. That is classified information! :mrgreen:

On a serious note, I think that was a in-game design for that peticular game. I've blown up ISD's (on X-Wing Fighter) simply by taking out the two shield generators up top and then killing the bridge. That usually rendered the ISD incapacitated. And if I really felt the need to reduce it to cinders, I would go ahead and keep firing on the ship until it exploded.
Perhaps the same tactic could be applied in this game. I never really played it. When it comes to gaming... well, I am not much of a gamer. I need the game to be set on easy. I know, big wuss here. But easy is plety challenging for me, thankyouverymuch! Of course I was also known to cheat like hell, too. Going into the system profile and initiating Yoda mode (much like "god mode" in most other 1st person shooters) and Unlimited ammo.... well, I am unstoppable. Why, I was even know know the fly directing into TIE FIGHTERS just to kill them off. With Yoda mode, I am invincible! :mrgreen:

But seriously, try destroying the generators, then the bridge and then see where it takes you.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »
Well i do the top two generators, then they specifically tell me to go for the third one underneath! Can't find the darn thing and it's frustrating as heck.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 08:26:33 AM »
Hmmm... if it is what I am thinking of.... fly below the ISD. There should be bubble or a hump that is protruding from the ship's hull. See the Interdictor  Star Destroyers (the ones responsible for pulling ships out of hyperspace) have bubbles like that, four of them actually, on the bottom of the ship's hull. But those bubbles should be gravity generators, not shield generators. If they put a bubble like that on this ISD that you are trying to take down, they goofed in the ship's profile. I know..... I am such a geek!

At any rate, kill the shield generators. Then check out to see if there is a bubbled portion of the ship's hull underneath. Try to take it out and see what happens!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Tags: