Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE 09.09.22-09.11.22: Rose City Comic Con -Portland INFO & SIGNUPS  (Read 3530 times)

Offline jj49

PHOTO UPLOADING LINK: https://starwarsoregon.smugmug.com/upload/J2p3kB/rccc22

ARRIVALS UPDATE:
    - Please leave time to park, get you badge, wait in line, find the booth and/or changing room.

- Upon arrival please go outside the doors at Hall E and text Judy at 503.939.6224 or Facebook Messenger and she will meet you just outside the doors.

- Blasters: If not in your tote you'll need to probably go through weapons check. They will let you know when you come through the line to get in.

- Our booth is #677 behind the droid builders. It is in the back corner of the con. Find the banners from ceiling and row 600 and at the far end.

- We don't know if Droid Builder's Changing room is where it has been in the past. We will update tomorrow once we know. 

- We need to be respectful to the shared changing room. Please do not eat in the changing room (or at the booth). Also, please don't leave your tote in there too long, and no overnights.  Please also be respectful of the space as many will need room, so please don't take up too much space in the room.

- Friday: 1pm-8pm
     - Saturday: 10am-7pm
     - Sunday: 10am-5pm
    WHERE: Oregon Convention Center - 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
    CHARITY: TBD
    BADGE COSTS/INFO: $15/single day - $22/2 days - $30 weekend
    SIGN-UPS LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AEfj6K4cZE0xr-LgyUUijkcwXmzP0_MtyJHIpsfHICg/edit?usp=sharing
    SIGN-UPS DETAILS: If you have a spouse, family member, or friend that wants to help out you can sign them up as well (or have them text me and I can add them to the schedule 503.939.6224)
    WHAT AREAS CAN A NON-MEMBER/SPOTTER HELP OUT:A non-member can sign up for Photo Op Support, Line Control/Donations, Cantina Support, or Raffle Table.

HELMET AND MASK POLICY/COVID POLICY
     - At this time, proof of vaccination will not be required.
     - Helmets are allowed to be worn on the con floor (with a CDC approved mask under your helmet). You may need to remove your helmet upon entry for a thermometer reading. Beyond that, you
        may wear your helmet.
     - Masks are to be worn at all times at the con, even if you are wearing a helmet. This is RCCC's policy. We need to respect the policy, and not risk SWO to be banned from future events. If this is
        something you cannot follow, regardless of the reason, feel free to de-roster from the booth support. We don't want to have to put our admin staff in a position of asking people to put on their
        mask or to have to leave.
     - For more on the COVID-19 policies for the convention please see this linik: https://rosecitycomiccon.com/info/covid-19/

BADGE INFO
     - We are asking for a minimum of two hours of booth support for the day you are requesting a discounted badge.
     - The deadline to sign up for a discounted badge is by 5pm Friday, August 26th and payment by 5pm Friday, September 2nd
     - Upon your arrival to the convention center, please text Judy at 503.939.6224 and she will let you know where to meet to receive your badge (please text as phone calls are difficult to hear)

WHAT WE HAVE
     - Rose City gave us a 20x20 booth this year. The convention is having to do extra spacing for social distancing and it has
       decreased our space.
     - Booth #667 (floor map below)

WHAT WE ARE DOING
     - With the limited space, we will be focusing our efforts on larger raffle display to help with donations for charity.
     - We will have the cantina, a backdrop for photo ops, the raffle display, and informational area.
     - The exact layout is still being constructed.

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU/HOW TO SIGNUP FOR A SHIFT
     - Help staff the booth! Here is the link for signups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AEfj6K4cZE0xr-LgyUUijkcwXmzP0_MtyJHIpsfHICg/edit?usp=sharing
     - Anything in green that doesn't already have a name listed is open for signup.
     - Try not to exceed more than 2 hours in a row. We need you to be present for your entire shift. Don’t schedule yourself for 4 hours straight if you know you’re going to have to eat, drink, or pee
       at some point in that 4-hour stretch.
     - All booth support shifts must be completed in 1-hour increments. You’re likely going to be on your feet the whole time; plan breaks accordingly. Expect to be at the booth for the entirety of your
       shift--show up early to check-in and find out which space you’ll work in, and don’t expect to leave early.
     - Please don't schedule a costume and booth staff back-to-back (I will have to message you and ask which one you prefer) as there isn't a way to get in/out of costume that fast (unless you are a
       face character! Then you are good to go in any spot  :lol:
     - When you post your signup hours, please say if you have or need a ticket....thank you!  :D

A bit about each role in the booth. Please note: we may need to shift booth roles during a shift to cover any gaps.
     - Info Table: Actively greet and interact with guests who stop by the booth. Field general questions about who we are, what we do, fundraising for our partnered charity, what’s happening at the
       booth, how to become a member, etc.
     - Photo Ops Support: Help guide the line when the next group is ready to enter the photo op area. Help take photos with the guest's phones.
     - Line Control/Donations: Staff an assigned area of the booth. Be a spotter for the prop(s) and any costumers who might be present in your assigned area. Actively promote our fundraising for
       our partnered charity. Collect donations or direct visitors to donation bins.
     - Raffle Table: Sell raffle tickets. Explain raffle to guests and answer any questions. Help coordinate raffle drawings. Maintain the neatness and security of the raffle area. Be comfortable with
       handling cash, calculating total and change amounts in your head, and handling electronic payments methods (Square reader).
     - Cantina Support: Ensure safety of the props and help take photos with the guest's camera.

WHAT ABOUT SETUP AND TEARDOWN?
     - We will be setting up on Thursday (Time unknown) and tearing down Sunday after the con ends (5pm). Daily booth setup and cleanup will happen before and after con hours on Friday,
        Saturday, and Sunday.
     - There is a tab on the signup sheet for SetUp/TearDown if you would like to help.

WHAT SHOULD YOU WEAR
    In order of preference:
     - A Cloud City Garrison or Kashyyyk Base branded shirt
     - A Star Wars Oregon Mission Support Shirt. Here is the link if you would like to purchase one, just scroll down to the Mission Support Shirts: https://starwarsoregon.myspreadshop.com/?noCache=true&fbclid=IwAR2yELIkXzfYto0yXV6iQhMqRSteTPjsYCXkozlTNa40V9hMIu-ilEqB-aU
     - A 501st Legion or Rebel Legion branded shirt
     - A Star Wars-themed shirt

And comfortable shoes!

SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER SOCIAL
    For our Saturday Night Dinner Social we will be in the NEW reserved area across the street at Spirit 77. Whether you are at the con with us Saturday or just want to come visit you will be welcome. More details and RSVP here: https://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=13786.0

WHEW! THAT'S A LOT!
    If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

08.07.22 UPDATES:
     - Deadline to sign up for a discounted badge through us is by 5pm Friday, August 26th
     - Deadline to pay for your discounted badge is by 5pm Friday, September 2nd
     - We still need some help covering the booth support. As stated in the original post, we may need to shift people some during shifts to cover any gaps. Although most shifts have many openings, we can run at a bare minimum if necessary. There are also a few admin that will be there to fill in to make those bare minimums, however.... there are chunks of each day that we don't have even the bare minimum (that's with including the few that will be there to fill the gaps). The following days and times could really use some help.
    Friday 2pm-6pm
    Saturday 3-7pm
    Sunday 1-5pm

08.14.22 UPDATES:
     - we are booth #677
     - Thank you all for the extra signups this past week
     - Reminder: you need to sign up by 5pm August 26th to get a discounted badge from us
     - Pricing:
     - one day badge $15
     - two day badge $22
     - weekend badge $30
    you can send payment via PayPal friends and family to cjanssen7@msn.com or Venmo @Cjanssen[/list]

09.02.22 UPDATES:
     - Reminder today is the deadline to pay for your RCCC badge (as well as Saturday Night Dinner). Please send via PayPal to Chris at cjanssen7@msn.com or Venmo @CJanssen.
     - May be a good idea to read this long post again this week to prepare for the weekend.
     - Please be sure your first arrival to the convention center allows time to park, have your badge brought to you once you text Judy you have arrived 503.939.6224, waiting in line to get into the event, to find our booth, and change into costume if you are a costume shift.
     - Please watch for more updates as the event approaches for set up time and any other last minute communications.

09.08.22 UPDATES:
    Once we set up today and see how the entrances will work this year I will post the best place to go upon arrival.

Please text or Facebook message me when you are arrive and I will meet you with your badges to enter the con. It is really hard to hear there so please use text or messenger over calling when possible.

Chris Janssen $30 PAID
    Judy Janssen $30 PAID
    Steve Squire $30 PAID
    Luke Killam $30 PAID
    Cameron Kennedy $30 PAID
    Mike Kraemer $30 PAID
    Daren Killam $30 PAID
    Josh Scott $30 PAID
    Natalie Lillard $30 PAID
    Garrett Winters $30 PAID
    Theresa Winters $30 PAID
    Scott Thingelstad $30 PAID
    Missy Thingelstad $30 PAID
    Nathan $30 PAID
    Jim Pedroli $22 PAID
    David Mohony $22 PAID
    Chris Anderson $22 PAID
    Emeline $15 PAID
    Jimbo $15 PAID
    Steven $15 PAID
    Laura/Liam $15 PAID
    Ralph $15 PAID
    Marnie $15 PAID
    Jeremy $15 PAID
    Kelsey $15 PAID
    Anne Beaton $15 PAID
    D'Angelo $15 PAID

A link to the map for better clarity:
    https://info.urban-expo.com/e/338151/-2022-08-RCCC22-FP-8-11-22-pdf/4v3qgv/1052750296?h=JbqpKcSGybFQG4DlsF8jBJv7lFBTgnCNWvT8WHOXI4o
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:49:27 AM by jj49 »
    TB-14944

Offline Loxitane

Re: 09.09.22-09.11.22: Rose City Comic Con - Portland INFO & SIGNUPS
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 09:58:29 PM »
    Yay!

Friday photo 1-2pm please
    Saturday booth raffle 10-11

And I’m in for Saturday night party

EDIT
    Also I do not need a pass! I managed to roll mine for last year.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 09:27:34 AM by Loxitane »
    TX-50567
    Shadow Scout
    Del Meeko
    TFA Kylo Ren
    Death Trooper
    Vancouver, Wa

Offline AdmiralShell

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 10:09:42 PM »
    I would like to join Nick for Photo op Friday 1-2 and Raffle on Saturday 10-11. Also in for Saturday night get together.
    Hopefully will have Gideon Hesk done and approved for Con otherwise Officer.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 06:32:13 AM »
    I can do the evening info shifts Friday and early mornings Saturday and Sunday. If the Thursday setup is in the evening (after 430ish) I can help with that too. I do not have a badge.

I can probably fill in a costume shift or two over the weekend as well, but will hold off on taking any spots until we see what's needed.

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 08:56:07 AM »
    Please sign me up for the following:

Fri:
    1800-2000: Admin

Sat:
    0900-1100: Photo Ops Support
    1200-1300: Photo Ops Costume - Din Djarin

Sun:
    0900-1100: Photo Ops Support
    1200-1300: Photo Ops Costume - Din Djarin

I do not have a badge, and I'll likely be able to help out more as needed Sat/Sun.
    Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline 1nfern0

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 09:08:20 AM »
    Couple of noob questions since this is my first RCCC:

- Do the photo ops in costume count towards the two hours required per day, or do we need to do two hours out of costume per day, plus whatever in costume stuff we want?

- Is the cantina spot on the roster for support on the cantina set, or in costume photo ops?

- Will Mike be bringing Muftak too and can we please make time for a "Muftaks at the Cantina" photoshoot? :afro:

Thanks, you beautiful people! :smiley:
    CC/TK/DZ/ID/TI/TR-44214

IN in progress… TB in progress...

“Close the blast doors! Open the blast doors!”

Offline jj49

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 10:42:05 AM »
    Garrett, for now we are just asking two hours in any spot. If we have trouble filling the support spots we will ask for volunteers for those spots to fill.

The cantina support is to help take photos with the guest's camera and to ensure safety of the props. (I added this on the role descriptions in main post as well).

We can arrange any group photos desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TB-14944

Offline antarmen

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 11:32:30 AM »
    Sign me up for the following, please:
    Friday - Noon to 2pm Photo Ops costume - TIE
                2 - 4 Admin
    Saturday - TBD, but in for the after party

Sunday - 3 - 4 Photo Booth - TIE
                  Teardown

Offline 1nfern0

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »
    Garrett, for now we are just asking two hours in any spot. If we have trouble filling the support spots we will ask for volunteers for those spots to fill.

The cantina support is to help take photos with the guest's camera and to ensure safety of the props. (I added this on the role descriptions in main post as well).

We can arrange any group photos desired.

Thank you, Judy!
    CC/TK/DZ/ID/TI/TR-44214

IN in progress… TB in progress...

“Close the blast doors! Open the blast doors!”

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 03:59:00 PM »
    I would like to be added to the following spots, please:
    Saturday: Info, 11am-1pm/Costume (TB) 5-7PM
    Sunday: Info, 11am-1pm/Costume (TB) 3-5pm

Offline DeloMan81

• Cloud City Member
      • Awards
      • Awards
      • Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 08:08:40 PM »
    So... Do we just add ourselves to the Google spreadsheet or do we need to respond here first?
    Also - Are there any exclusive characters? I.E. not two of the same character overlapping?

Thanks!
    Steven
    Proceed and Be Bold

Offline jj49

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 08:08:32 AM »
    Hi Steven, you can put it here or fill your desired spots on the spreadsheet. Whatever you are comfortable with. I check it often so either works.

We can't have two of the same face characters. Otherwise it's good. Example: can have two stormtroopers, but not two princess Leah's. 

TB-14944

Offline Beckett

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 11:53:14 PM »
    I’m wondering about drop-in’s for the costuming spots? In other words, if we are roaming around and want to stop for awhile at the photo backdrop but don’t want to commit to a full hour or two (feet start hurting from standing in one spot too long) is that ok? Or are we just wanting the people who’ve signed up to be at the photo backdrop?
    You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
    joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline DeloMan81

• Cloud City Member
      • Awards
      • Awards
      • Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 21, 2022, 12:12:24 AM »
    Signed Jimbo (Fett) and myself (Din Djarin pre-beskar) up for a 2 hour window for photo ops from 2 to 4 on Saturday.  We'll most likely walk the floor in costume a little before and after.  If there are passes available we'd love to get some as we have not bought tickets yet.  We would also most likely have support to help us dress  - at least one if not 2 persons.
    Also, if there is demand we are willing to reduce our appearance time down to 1 hour...

This is our first official con appearance so if we're doing it wrong let me know... LOL

Cheers
    Steven

Proceed and Be Bold

Offline jj49

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 09:07:49 AM »
    I’m wondering about drop-in’s for the costuming spots? In other words, if we are roaming around and want to stop for awhile at the photo backdrop but don’t want to commit to a full hour or two (feet start hurting from standing in one spot too long) is that ok? Or are we just wanting the people who’ve signed up to be at the photo backdrop?

Hi Josh, you are always welcome to come by the booth if you are roaming in costume. Depending on the space at the time, you can jump in while there.
    TB-14944

Tags: